23rd April, the NEET Case is listed as item no. 1 in the final cause list.
- The case will be discussed in Court No. 1, which is the Chief Justice court.
- Court no. 1 is usually in session after 11 AM
- There is a fair chance of getting a concrete decision today.
- MCI lawyers are expected to speak today
- The court will be in session till 2.55pm
- Last hearing took place on 9th April, MCI lawyers asked for 2 week's time on 9th April(that ends today) to prepare a report asking for interim orders for declaration of NEET result.
REAL TIME UPDATES:
- 10.40 AM- Supreme Court is now in session, but court no. 1(chief justice court) is usually in session after 11 AM.
- 11.05 AM- Court No. 1 still not in session.
- 11.19 AM- Court No. 1 is now in session. Item no. 1 (NEET Case) is being discussed.
- 11.50 AM- 30 minutes up, NEET case is still being discussed.
- 12.20 PM- 1 hour up, NEET case discussion still continued. Finally court is spending some time to discuss NEET.
- 12.55 PM- There is a lunch break in Supreme court from 1-2 pm. Notice board wont change during this time. Court will be in session only for 55 more minutes after the lunch break.
- 1.00 PM- Lunch break has now started in court no. 1. NEET case will be continued after lunch.
- 2.00 PM- NEET case discussion continued after lunch. 55 more minutes of court time left.
- 2.30 PM- NEET Case still being discussed. Court will be in session for 25 more minutes.
- 3.15 PM- The court was expected to be in session only till 2.55 PM, but the display board still shows that court no. 1 is in session and NEET case is still being discussed.
- 3.35 PM- Special bench now in session, item no. 301 being discussed. NEET case hearing over for the day.
Latest News- We don't know which of these source to trust as they are giving completely opposite news. But the good news is that both these sources claim that we are expected to get a verdict on 25th April. Will update again when things are more clear.
Supreme Court Bench asked the senior counsel to summarize their arguments, Mr HARISH SALVE argued from 11 am - 12 noon , followed by Mr KKV from 12 Noon.MCI lawyer will be summarizing their arguments after LUNCH. If MCI finishes their argument today , we can expect an Interim Verdict on APR 25,2013.Mr HARISH SALVE Argued to Exclude Minority institutions from NEET-PG based on T.M Pai Case 2. Minority institutions should conduct their own exams for admission
The whole session was used by Adv Nilesh Gupta, who had raised all points in favour of NEET, also MCI had presented the data of students who gave the exam this year (largest no of applications received this year) bench has concluded that no further hearing would take place now, also all remaining lawyers have been asked to submit their points in writing.
Info from SOURCE 2 seems to be more credible
If you support NEET, Sign a Petition. Click here.
Do you expect a verdict today..?? Tell us by commenting below..